Trained for Life is one of the only recognised training centres in the UK to offer the Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Certificate in Canine Training and Behaviour. This certificate, which is externally verified and been accredited 24 credits by OFQUAL, has been developed to provide underpinning knowledge and practical skills in canine training and behaviour and will provide learners with the knowledge and skills to work offering canine training and behavioural classes.
The course comprises multi-faceted learning styles and students will benefit from continuous mentoring from a renowned name in dog behaviour and training. The course tutor holds an MA in Canine Behaviour & Psychology and regularly gives lectures and training courses to Canine Professionals on Dog Training, Behaviour, Canine Anatomy and the Mechanics of Movement.
Upon successful completion, you will be accredited with a Level 3 Certificate in Canine Training and Behaviour.
Please contact us for registration details firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Certificate in Canine Training and Behaviour
Open College Network West Midlands Qualification: 24 credits
Fully tutored correspondence course of 6 months duration plus two-day practical workshop: £550
Worshop location: East Kilbride. Workshop Dates: to be agreed
Who’s this course suitable for?
This Level 3 Certificate in Canine Training and Behaviour is right for you if you are already working with, or want to work with dogs in a professional manner, want to expand your underpinning knowledge of dog training and behaviour and achieve a nationally recognised qualification, not only within the Canine Profession but one that is regulated by OFQUAL.
The course covers:
- The evolution and domestication of the dog
- The natural behaviour of wild canids and how this influences domestic dog behaviour
- Natural ethology and communication of the dog
- The dogs’ emotions and their implications
- The principles of dog training, including classical and operant conditioning
- Dog training equipment and design
- How to design a successful training programme
- How to develop training methods for dog handlers
- How to plan and deliver, safe and effective group training sessions
- How to deliver and evaluate short lectures
- The causes, prevention and diagnoses of canine behaviour problems
- The triggers, treatment and prognosis of behavioural issues in domesticated dogs
- How people learn and our individual learning styles and triggers
- How dogs learn and canine motivation